Brothers Get Better With Age

My oldest brother Chad was in Georgia this week on business and came and stayed with us Mon and Tues. When we were kids he used to practice his half nelson and head lock wrestling moves on me (after he had just worked out and smelled disgusting), he taunted me with dangling logies (sp?) from his mouth, told me that his athletic cup was an oxygen mask and encouraged me to try it out, and over-all basically teased and tortured me. I'm sure I probably asked for a lot of the abuse, and I will have to say he made me a fighter and a stronger person, but I honestly thought he was just plain mean when we were younger. But time can really allow for maturity and change to take place. Now he is one of the nicest, most spiritually in tune, give-his-shirt-off-his-back-for-you kind of guys. He spent hours helping fix all of our electronic devices that needed fixing, and we enjoyed talking and watching some football. It was kind of nice having a little testosterone around for awhile.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your brother. I understand what you mean about them being mean when they are kids. I think it's nature. My brother used to love to dunk me in the pool. It's nice when they finally become grown ups. I guess they figured if they didn't no one would marry them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at some of the things he did (the cup) :) Alex is quite the teaser too. I'll have to let the girls read this so they'll have some hope for the future. Alex won't be reading it though...I don't want him to get any ideas. :) I didn't have any older brothers, but my older sister was mean. Now we get along good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad said he had a great time with you guys. I'm glad I only knew the older version. Although he does still occasionally revert to the ol' half nelson move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve 2021--Flagstaff

Prom Dresses

Gender Roles