5:45 a.m. Birthday Party

Sydney turned 6 yesterday. With Mike being 7 hours ahead of us in Iraq, we decided to open Sydney's presents first thing in the morning so that he could be a part of it all. Sydney was a little excited and came up at 4:30 a.m., ready for action. I told her she had to wait until 6:00, but she never did go back to sleep. Finally at 5:45 everyone was up so we decided to start. I was amazed at how alert and happy everyone seemed. Normally when we get up to read scriptures everyone is groggy, grumpy, and not able to communicate. If I could just convince the kids that reading is really like a party, maybe they would respond better?


After school we had pizza and then went to our new favorite frozen yogurt place, Chill. They let you put how much and whatever flavor and toppings you want and then the price is based on weight. We have had some pretty interesting concoctions, but I think we have realized it's best to go more simple and not add every flavor and topping available.



After Chill we headed to our Wed. night youth activities at the church. Sydney got to come along and her best friend Brooklyn happened to be there. Things were just going her way. She told me it was her best birthday ever, probably because we got a nice early start to the party.

Comments

  1. I love it! Happy Birthday! We're celebrating our Allie's 6th Birthday today because her dad and brothers will be on an overnighter tomorrow . . . her actual B-day. Gotta love those 6 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sydney! I'm glad your day was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the wait was worth it for Syd!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve 2021--Flagstaff

Prom Dresses

Gender Roles