iPhone

 Mike's keyboard phone has not been working right ever since he decided to go swimming with it in his pocket a month or so ago, and hence he needed a new phone. Somehow I became the lucky owner of a new iPhone this past week and he took my old phone.  The funny part is that I didn't even want or need one, but my husband insisted that I do. This is the first iPhone for any of us and  I have never before seen such adoration for an object by every member of this family.  There is some serious heathenistic idol worshipping going on here!  I think the plan is this:  Mike gets me an iphone so that he can feel justified and not guilty for getting himself the new iphone 5 in a few months (why he needs to feel guilty is beyond me), Paige figures if we both finally have one we might get her one too. (dream on)  McKell realizes if  Mike gets a new phone, she will finally be able to have her first phone by taking his old one. Jackson and Sydney think they have just inherited a new gaming system for themselves (every few minutes they are fighting over who gets to play angry birds next).  I finally had to hide the phone yesterday because I was ready to blow.  Secretly I have to admit it is very nice to have an organizer, email, gps, and phone all in one and I did catch myself playing word games for a little too long last night.  But seriously, what happened to the good old simple days of a stationary phone stuck to the wall and all of us just being content with communicating in person.  Sometimes I am a little old fashioned!!

Comments

  1. LUCKY!!! You got the white one! I want that one so bad! Let's play words with friends scrabble! My name is katieredd on it. Search for me! I know you'll probably waste me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been coveting the iPad so I do understand a bit of what your kids are going through. I have not yet gotten an iPhone, but I think I would like it. Right now I do not like the phone I have, but have not yet upgraded to a "smart" phone due to cost. Some day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh! I can't believe Mike made you get it...is he the same Mike that I knew. (frugal, saver)? I can see Eric getting me one so that he would feel justified in getting one though. I am planning to get a smartphone when my upgrade is available (Dec 24). Don't know what yet, but they are sure handy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve 2021--Flagstaff

Prom Dresses

Gender Roles