All Good Things Must Come to an End

Our summer full of family, fun, and feverish excitement finished last Friday. Summer 2010 will always be a memorable one for us. Our last supper with Grandma and Grandpa Ogden at Sweet Tomatoes reminded us all it was definitely time to be getting back into a routine. Between Sydney's pickiness (apparently there is nothing to choose from at Sweet Tomatoes), Jackson's horrendous table manners, and the older girls' fighting, I envisioned chores, homework, bedtime curfews, and every electronic device under lock and key. It definitely was time to be heading back home. My mom and dad helped us out so much and we loved having time to be with them.


We went to the Parks and said goodbye to them as well. They showed us such a good time while we were in Utah and kept us laughing a lot (thanks in part to our newest member Nick). I decided after our Sweet Tomatoes encounter we better keep it short and sweet, otherwise there could be potential melt downs.
We were scheduled to come home on two different flights: Jackson, Syd, and me on one, and the older two girls on another one. This meant we would have to wait in the airport for an extra two hours. Someone above was looking out for me that day, however, because when I got to the ticket counter the service specialist told me they had changed my flight to a bigger plane and that Paige and McKell's flight was over-booked and wondered if we would be ok all going on the same direct flight home. It felt like a serious miracle moment. Heavenly Father knows what we can handle, and he certainly knew that the shortest route home that day was about all I could handle. Goodbye Utah, and thanks for the memories.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you guys had a good summer with family. I am sure it helped to have everyone around especially with Mike having to leave for Iraq. How is he doing? I hope all is well for him. Is McKell taller than Paige now? It looks that way in a couple of the pictures. Corey is always saying Gabby cannot grow taller than her, but I don't know if she'll get her wish :) Gabby is growing like a weed. When do your kids start school? I feel like our summer hasn't even started. We are hoping to get warm weather (in the 80's) for a WHOLE WEEK IN A ROW starting tomorrow! OMG! How will we survive it? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve 2021--Flagstaff

Prom Dresses

Gender Roles